The factory is responsible for further education for the employees so they can develop in the profession and thus develop in their careers.
The factory currently has a WCA certificate. The WCA certificate is valid for one year, which means that our factory must apply for a new one every year. They visit every year and check that the factory lives up to the requirements for a good working environment. The factory also has a BSCI report which shows that employees have reasonable working hours and fair compensation, a good working environment, and safety, protection for younger workers, freedom of association and collective bargaining, ethical business behavior, and environmental protection. They also ensure that there is no child labor, forced labor, unsafe work, or discrimination.
WCA addresses the following and more:
- Labor (Child/Forced Labor, Discrimination, Discipline, Harassment/Abuse, Freedom of Association, Labor Contracts)
- Wages and Hours (Wages and Benefits; Working Hours)
- Health and Safety (General Work Facility, Emergency Preparedness, Occupational Injury, Machine Safety, Safety Hazards, Chemical and Hazardous Material, Dormitory and Canteen)
- Management Systems (Documentation and Records, Worker Feedback and Participation, Audits and Corrective Action Process)
- Environment (Legal Compliance, Environmental Management Systems, Waste and Air Emissions)
BSCI Code of Conduct, including such aspects as:
- Working hours and fair compensation
- Occupational health and safety
Child labor and protections for younger workers
- Forced/bonded labor and precarious employment
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Ethical business behavior
- Environmental protection